From:
Walter Meyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Jan 2001 18:34:35 -0500
Wilson Pereira wrote:

>...  I know from previous experience that list members probably don't care
>about what Marcel Proust said about the violin (see my post "Proust and The
>Violin" of 27/11) but what about fictional books where conductors, tenors,
>sopranos are the main characters of the plot? Can anyone suggests more
>examples of the kind?

Vicki Baum wrote a novel called *Back Stage* which, IIRC, takes place in
real time during a Met performance of *Carmen*, depicting the histories,
problems, ambitions, and rivalries of the various participants in the
production, w/ an intrusion or two on the performance from outside sources.

Walter Meyer