From:
Joel Hill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Oct 2000 21:46:29 -0400
Since there have been several discussions about CD covers and cover art, I
wonder if anyone besides myself has developed a particular way of designing
covers for the CDs we make from old records, tapes and other "obsolete"
media.

I didn't start out to do anything special, but seem to have developed
a rather standardized way of making the jewel box inserts.  I don't use
pictures, or any of the labeling software that I have, but rely on the old
spreadsheet to create front and back covers.  I stick to the basic stuff:
Composer(s), work(s), preformer(s) etc on the front.  On the back, I list
the same info, but add movements and track info.

I use a particular font for the composer's name and have double line
borders above and below it.  Sometimes I use a yellow marker to highlight
the composer's name.  That's about it.  On the actual CD, I just write the
info or use a small removable label to identify the disk.

At least when I look at my collection of CDs, I can tell which ones I have
made myself.

One would think that I had better things to do with my time, but evidently
not.

Joel Hill
Tallahassee, FL - USA
ALKAN Web Page: http://www.nettally.com/joelhill/alkan