From:
Fredrik Soderstrom <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jul 2000 02:39:56 -0400
Some of my magic moments:

- Funeral March, Beethoven's 3rd. Still makes me cry occasionally.

- The beginning of Mendelsohn's violin concerto. I don't usually care much
for violin concertos, but this is an exception.

- Tchaikovsky's Capriccio Italien. This was one of the first pieces of
classical music that I heard, and I have loved it ever since.

Hm, seems like I have only mentioned "mainstream" works so far.

- Berwald's Symphony no. 3. Makes me a little proud of being Swedish.

- Alkan's Concerto for solo piano. Alkan has composed a lot of astonishing
music, and this is the best, IMHO.

Fredrik