Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 20 Dec 2001 21:33:49 -0500
From:
Walter Meyer <[log in to unmask]>
Dave Harman wrote:

>Seriously, as you well know, most of these stores assign the 'classical'
>section to a clueless individual who knows so little about the music
>that they can only re-order what was purchased.  This summer I was in
>the Borders in Salt Lake and it has the same clueless feel about it.

At the Borders in Hawaii, they did not even know that the last queen
(Liliuokalani) had written a symphony (and other musical works) nor
that they had a CD of it in stock.  It didn't help that I had forgotten
that it was conducted by Lalo Schifrin on the CD, but my lapse of memory
doesn't excuse their ignorance!  They had no idea what I was talking
about and couldn't call it up on their computer.  I finally went to their
bins, scanning them left to right and fore to aft and found it.  (It's
in an attractive slip case and easily noticeable.) I took it back to the
information desk where they found it in their computer under Schifrin.
They had been looking under "Liliuokalani" instead of "Lili'uokalani" and
under "Symphony" instead of "Symp." So much for database retrieval systems!

Walter Meyer