Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 29 Oct 2001 03:46:21 -0500
From:
Krishan P Oberoi <[log in to unmask]>
Albie Cabrera <[log in to unmask]> writes:

>...you gotta admit that just about *all* the alternatives stray from the
>"safe"/traditional *standard rep style* in at least some direction.
>Enough so to make many programmers and audiences uncomfortable.

I think you need to give audiences a little more credit.  At a recent
Rhode Island Philharmonic concert, I was sitting in front of a couple who
were about my age (late 20's-early 30's) and obviously new to the live CM
experience; the woman began clapping after the first movement of the Elgar
Cello Concerto, but was quickly shushed by her date.  After the second
movement I hear her whisper to him "Is it over"?

However, during Christopher Rouse's delightful piece, "The Infernal
Machine" (which I don't think could be called safe OR traditional), the
woman exclaimed under her breath, "This is cool!", and I had to turn around
and nod my assent...

Krishan Oberoi
North Providence, RI  USA