Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 25 Oct 2001 16:03:40 +0100
From:
Christopher Webber <[log in to unmask]>
Richard P. suggests emigration 'down under'.

As a point of fact this particular pressing of "Humpback Whales Do The
Classics" is on the much-sought after Aquamarine Label, individually
flipper-pressed by enslaved Bondai Dolphins.  And I'm afraid to say that
I did after all acquire it ...

And much though I approve Richard's solution, I fear Australia wouldn't
approve me!

>But as far as I know, the nearest zarzuela company is in Spain.

Ah, now, funny Richard should say that.  Only last year, David Kram's fine
company in Melbourne mounted a splendid production of "Bohemios" by Vives
- his version of Murger's "La boheme" written in 1904 - and there are plans
to do more, so the tide seems to be turning, even there.

Sad footnote.  Unfortunately the latest 'Going For A Song' catalogue
arrived today from Dorchester ...  ah, so they're bin-ending that Ethel
Smythe Solo Piano album I'd always wanted without knowing it ...  here we
go again!

Christopher Webber,  Blackheath, London,  UK.
http://www.nashwan.demon.co.uk/zarzuela.htm
"ZARZUELA!"