Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 23 Oct 2001 09:04:48 +0100
From:
Christopher Webber <[log in to unmask]>
Steve Schwartz writes enthusiastically of Jan Novak's "Dido", conducted
by Kubelik, and "Mimus Magicus".  By coincidence I too acquired this CD
recently, and I second his praise.  Jan Novak's vigorous, austere style
seems to me closer to Honegger's choral and opera music than to of any of
the czech masters, but it will appeal to anyone looking for some strong
choral music a little out of the ordinary.

I think the notes are in Latin (amongst others) because the disc was
sponsored by the Ludus Latinis Foundation with which the composer was
himself associated, and by another trust for the promotion of modern
Latin studies.

Christopher Webber,  Blackheath, London,  UK.
http://www.nashwan.demon.co.uk/zarzuela.htm
"ZARZUELA!"