Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 25 Sep 2001 17:12:57 -0700
From:
Albie Cabrera <[log in to unmask]>
Walter Meyer <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Is there any reason to believe that the person would start by preferring
>the earlier composer and work him or herself up to the later ones?

Well, honestly I'd have to say it's cuz a lot of the modern stuff, I just
simply don't call "music!":-P

Some stuff I can imagine beginning as a theme or tune that popped into
the (inspired) composer's mind and the composer was compelled to put it
to paper and then elaborate it...  other stuff I can't imagine having come
into existence in any way other than the "composer," trying to conjure
something new so as to avoid being labelled "derivative," performing exotic
and esoteric mathematical calculations, converting them into notes, and
declaring, "According to the rules of (this or that) musical theory, this
which I have put down IS MUSIC!"

Albie