Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 19 Jul 2001 21:14:53 -0400
From:
Joel Hill <[log in to unmask]>
I got a message from someone who had been to my Alkan web site and the gist
of it is below.  Can anyone help?

   "I saw a movie on Showtime entitled "Long Time Since".  It was an
   independent Canadian film shot in 97 I believe.  It has not had a
   video release (and may never).  The point is that I heard music in
   this film that has had me hunting down both the composer and artist
   who performed the work.  The problem I had was that the credits were
   so small that it took a large magnifying glass for me to make out
   portions of the credit.  The point:  I finally determined it to be
   music composed by Alkan and performed by someone named Ethan Iverson.
   I noticed you didn't have his name listed as a performer for Alkan
   and wanted to bring it to your attention.  Can you tell me who, in
   your opinion, performs Alkan's works the best?.  Thanks.  I am dying
   to get this music.  It took my breath away when I heard it in this
   film.  You ought to see this movie by the way, it too is breathtaking."

I answered his question about pianists to the best of my ability, but I am
sure that he might appreciate the opinions of some of you other "Listers".

Joel Hill
Tallahassee, FL - USA
ALKAN Web Page: http://www.nettally.com/joelhill/alkan