Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sun, 7 Jan 2001 18:48:33 -0500
From:
Tim Mahon <[log in to unmask]>
Kevin Sutton thusly:

>Normally, I am no fan of Donald Vroon, editor or American Record Guide.
>I usually disagree with him just on principal!  However, today I got the
>new issue and I think that he has some very valid points about freedom
>of the press, and the freedom to pursue what ever musical avenue you find
>worthwhile.  I encourage you all to read it.  It increased my respect for
>the ole boy ten fold!

I buy ARG and Fanfare for the disk reviews and interviews -- not the
occasional editorial.  It's thus not often I read Mr.  Vroon's words and I
don't know what caused me to this time -- but I agree with Kevin.  Powerful
and sensible stuff indeed -- would that more media types took a balanced
view between responsibilities and privileges of the press (in the widest
sense).  Read it if you can -- it's thought-provoking stuff.

Tim Mahon
Alexandria, VA