From:
John Dalmas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 May 2001 18:19:37 -0400
Gama wrote:

>>I recommend a visit to the HIP-ocrisy Home Page!
>>
>>http://www.geocities.com/hipwoollymammoth/

Sterling Newberry replied:

>I've learned that anyone who uses the world "rule" as an adjective is
>generally not worth reading, but I slogged on.

Where does the page cited use the word "rule" as an adjective? If you're
referring to the statement "Where modern instruments and vibrato rule!" the
word "rule" is used as a verb.

In the normal course of events elites are often formed within groups, and
the reaction among some in a group who feel condescended to and dismissed
by the manner in which the elite conducts itself sometimes takes the form
of hostile intolerance.  IMO the gonzo page cited is hardly worth getting
excited about.  Once HIP ceases making extravagant claims and continues to
produce quality performances that rely more on artistry than on judgments
about history, the offputting "purer than thou" impression of the elite
will fade.  And hasn't it already started to?

John Dalmas