HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Julie Mastin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Sep 2001 21:15:07 +0930
Hello all,

I am completing a thesis on historical archaeology. My excavation was at a
Leprosarium in Northern Territory that operated between 1931 to 1955,

I am endeavouring to find out some information on a metal 4 hole button with
'Excel Store' engraved around the rim. The button is 16mm in diameter.
Probably in use in Australia from about the 1920s.

Also, does anyone know where I can obtain information regarding everyday
type buttons for the late 19th & 20th century in Australia and possibly
England.

Thankyou

Julie Mastin