From:
Richard Todd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Oct 2001 14:08:23 -0000
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]> said:

>I think Denis and I are miles apart on this matter.  I wince when I read
>"authorities" or "members of a community".  With music, I don't have to pay
>any attention to those concepts.

Good for you, but without a consensus in operation among the members of
the musical community, you would have had to find your boy Bach out of an
unsorted, undifferentiated mass of perhaps 30,000 published composers.
And before anyone takes me up on that number, it's just a wild guess.

Richard, who invites you to visit his classical music site at
http://opuspocus.ca