From:
Gerald F Pillay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Oct 2001 13:58:49 +0800
Thank you Mark Ehlert and Deryk Barker.  It seems there is no Haydn's
Windsor Serenade after all.

For a moment I thought it might be Handel.  But nothing showed up either.
I'll have to have word with my friend about sharpening his memory!

If he indeed turns up something in the end, I'll be sure to let you all
know.  Haydn might be the most surprised.  I am sure he would not mind
having another tune added to his long list - now that Hofstetter has
re-claimed his Serenade.

I am just tempted enough to ask if anyone knows if anyone has ever written
a Windsor Serenade?.

Thanks

Gerald Pillay