From:
Peter Wisse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Jun 2001 09:11:31 +0200
Thomas Boyce wrote:

>can you recomend some of his music.

The answer is simple:  all of it, I do have got nearly all of it.  I
suggest, that for a starter one begins with the 12 etudes op 39, and
especially nr 12.  (try Gibbons on ASV), Another good starting point is
the Grande sonate "The four ages" (les quatre ages), Hamelin is the best
here, (Hyperion, which also contains op 39,12, and the sonatine).  Hamelin
is superb, he lifted me completely from my chair!!  A very nice collection
is also the 25 preludes op 31, played by Olli Mustonen, they give a good
introduction to the thought world of the composer, from the weird to the
subtle.

Peter Wisse