From:
Walter Meyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 May 2001 18:57:39 -0400
Donald Satz wrote:

>Not long ago I reviewed a few recordings of Bach's Sonatas for Violin
>and Harpsichord; one of those versions was on AC Classics with Helga
>Ingolfsdottir partnering Jaap Schroder.  About the same time, AC Classics
>released Ingolfsdottir's recording of the Goldberg Variations.
>
>I finally obtained the disc and just wanted listmembers to know that after
>a couple of listenings I'm very impressed with her performances.

I happened to be playing the recently offered Perahia piano recording
of the Goldberg Variations while my wife was in the room.  While under no
illusions of having converted her to greater interest in classical music
in general or J.S.  Bach in particular, I was pleased to discover that she
was taking notice.  She asked me who the composer was, when he lived, and
whether he was a happy man.  I gave her his name, his dates, and told her
that he had twenty children, several of whom became noted composers in
their own right.

Walter Meyer