From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Jan 2001 19:25:03 -0500
Ramon Khalona responds to me concerning a Barbara Westphal performance:

>>What is problematic is a lack of sufficient weight and a rather sour
>>cello sound.
>
>Did you know that these are played on viola?

Three or four months ago, I knew that I was receiving a complimentary copy
of Patricia McCarty's new recording of the Cello Suites.  It was at that
time that I decided to review some different versions.  I didn't want to go
with only one version on viola and knew that a local store had the Westphal
set on Bridge.  Therefore, I bought it.  In my sentence above, just
substitute viola for cello.

So, not only did I know it, I was the guy who told it to our readers in
my introduction to Part 1 of this review project; I have also mentioned
it at other points in my review.

Don Satz