From:
Steve Schwartz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Jan 2001 11:34:18 -0600
Kevin Sutton:

>3.  Peter Tchailovsky, Benjamin Britten and Aaron Copland all
>posessed this personality trait.  What was it?
>
>They were homosexual.

Is homosexuality a personality trait?

>10.  What twentieth century composer wrote a solo sonata for every
>instrument in the orchestra?
>
>Paul Hindemith

Much as I love Hindemith, the question would have been better worded, "solo
sonata for the standard instruments of the orchestra." As far as I know,
for example, he never wrote a sonata for timpani.

>27.  Copland, Diamond, Barber, Glass, and Rorem all studied with this
>famous French pedagogue.  Who was she?
>
>Nadia Boulanger

Barber never studied with Boulanger, according to Barbara Heyman's standard
study of the composer.

Steve Schwartz, spoil-sport