Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 24 Oct 2001 16:31:50 -0400
From:
Santu De Silva <[log in to unmask]>
Christopher Webber wrote:

>>The question of poor Peggy and her infant collection has become vexed
>>indeed.

[log in to unmask] responded:

>Easy solution.  Give the first 10 CD's from your collection to Peggy -
>but start a new thread inviting guesses as to what they were!

How about the least cherished 10 CDs?

*   Itzhak Perlman plays bach violin concertos
*   Ghoostly Psalmes  (Spelling?)
*   Brandenburg Concertos 1,3,4 by Benjamin Britten
*   Arthur Fiedler: Prokofiev - Peter & The Wolf

[BTW, there's a version of Peter & the Wolf that I remember from my youth
that I simply adored, but I can't for the life of me recall a single thing
about except that the narrator was amazing.  It was not David Bowie, nor
Alec Guinness.  All I remember is the phrase 'swallowed her up --alive!' or
words to that effect, in a very impressive, low voice.  Not a lot to go on,
eh? I'm so frustrated I could cry.  It was an old LP or possibly even a 10"
record.]

*   Dame Edna Everage (?) Peter & The Wolf
*   Trevor Pinnock et Cie: Brandenburgs 1, 3, 5.  (I have the full set,
      that's why.)
*   Yehudi Menuhin Playing the Brahms violin concerto.  Kubelik, or maybe
      de Burgos (I wanted the mono version with Furtwangler.)
*   Maria Tipo playing Bach.
*   Fritz Reiner/Chicago: Also Sprach Zarathustra
*   George Szell/Cleveland: Mozart Symphonies 40, 41,?
*   Beecham/RPO  Messiah - - I should have been satisfied with the
      Highlights.  The lowlights are overwhelming.

Available for loan: Klemperer's Bach Matthew Passion.  One week max.
(should get you through the first few bars.)

P.S.  How about CDs you ordered multiple copies of because you forgot what
you already owned?

Arch