Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 2 Jul 2001 09:52:50 +0200
From:
David Runnion <[log in to unmask]>
Norman Lebrecht wrote:

>I hope to raise the subject on lebrecht.live this Wednesday with Marin
>Alsop, who is the current women's top seed.

Makes me happy to see Marin Alsop's name come up here.  I worked with
her in the early 90s with the Long Island Symphony and she impressed
me greatly.  We once played Tchaikowsky Romeo'n'Juliet with her, and I
remember being struck and moved by the combination of delicacy and force
which she could display.  There are so pitifully few woman conductors in
the profession, both at the highest level and in the freelance trenches,
and it was fascinating looking up and seeing this beautiful, feminine left
hand guiding us through a lyrical moment.  But when she closed her fist and
gathered us for strength and rhythmic power, she was as inspiring as any
conductor I've ever worked with.

Please give her my regards, Norman!

Dave Runnion
http://mp3.com/davidrunnion