Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 26 Jun 2001 09:12:31 -0500
From:
Marcus Maroney <[log in to unmask]>
I agree with Mr. Sinclair---this disc is a must have at Naxos' price!
While the first concerto is at times derivative of <insert favorite
early-20th century composer here>, the 5th's opening gesture sets up
energy that is transferred throughout the entire piece and there are
many beautiful and original moments.  Although I only know these pieces,
it seems that Tveitt has a very idiosyncratic but intriguing melodic and
harmonic style that he finally grew comfortable with in his later works.
What both have in common is a sense of timing and drama that pull the
listener in and beautiful writing for the orchestra and the piano. The
performances and sound are excellent.

Cheers,

Marcus Maroney
http://www.geocities.com/marcus.maroney