From:
Dave Cushman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Feb 2001 16:26:49 -0000
Hi Peter & All

> The bees in the cage with the queen are usually just plucked off the frame
she was on

Now I understand why US bees are so cheap...In UK we go to the trouble of
filtering out predominantly younger bees for "attendents".

We would also remove these attendant bees before introduction.

Some of us in UK are now using marshmallow as the release agent instead of
candy.

But for the "Rolls Royce" method...Look up the Steve Taber/John Dews/Albert
Knight method near the bottom of this URL

http://website.lineone.net/~dave.cushman/queenintro.html

This is a particularly good method for valuable or rare queens that you
cannot afford to lose.

Regards From:- Dave Cushman, G8MZY