From:
Bob & Liz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Feb 2001 07:37:59 -0600
Hello Garry & All,
Most us old timers know Garry meant to say *Apicure* instead of *Mitacure*
but thought I would correct.  Mitacure was the old *Amatraz* strip. Many of
us thought beekeepers might could go back to the *Mitacure* strip when
resistance to fluvalinate mites were found but in Europe varroa resistant to
fluvavlinate were also resistant to Amatraz. I expect to see *Coumaphous*
resistant varroa pop up this spring.
 Garry wrote:
 Mitacure (formic acid) will kill all T-mites in two days, You leave it in
 for 21 days though to treat varroa. Lets hope it is available again this
 year as I treated twenty hives with it, two treatments each at 21 day
 intervals.

Several Bee supply houses have said they are not going to be able to sell
*apicure* this spring due to packaging problems.   It will be interesting to
hear from others which used the *apicure* last fall and see what kind of
results they got.   I believe Garry was smart to treat twice at 21
intervals.   The best varroa results I read were with using *Apicure* twice
and twice was what BetterBee recomended in their catalog for better varroa
control.
Sincerely,
Bob Harrison
Odessa,Missouri