From:
dan hendricks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Jan 2001 19:30:21 -0800
Hi, Tim.  Szabo (in Canada) reported in American Bee
Journal a couple of years ago (I think) that 85% of
the color of a worker was contributed by the genes of
the drone, the remainder by the queen.  Since all the
workers are half sisters, one should not be suprised
by any combination of colors.  The only thing I have
read about the difference between Carniolans and
Italians which could - should? - make a difference is
that each "means" a different distance with executing
its foraging information dance.  Dan