HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Michiel Bartels <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Jul 2001 08:54:15 +0200
Dear Pat,

So far we had applications from Belgium, Frisia and Germany, you are the first
from England! Driving up to Zaandam is of course possible, but keep in mind that
traffic is extremely slow during workingdays  in Holland, for Flanders it is the
same.
Budget Air has bargain flights from London to Schipol/Amsterdam airport, and the
trainconnection is usually good from the airport (not privatised completly yet).
The museum is a 15 m walk from the trainstation but in a remarkable early
industrial landscape looking over the fields.

When other English turn up I'll let you know,

many regards,

Michiel Bartels

ps. could you give me full details on address etc., then I'll put you on the
mailing list.