HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
geoff carver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Mar 2001 22:18:59 +0100
Wittkofski, J. Mark schrieb:
> What we are faced with is truly a unique ideological perspective...And
> people complained of the U.S. bombing of Osama bin Laden's headquarters...it
> appears these Taliban Islamic militia folks have no interest in human rights
> or human forms!  I doubt their work will result in much of a recoverable
> archaeological record.

there was an interesting discussion on CNN tonite, dealing with the question of
why they're doing it right now: spite, divisions inside the taliban itself, etc.
- sounds a bit like last-minute desperation to me - maybe they're losing their
grip and getting desperate to make some kind of a mark before piling onto the
dustbin of history themselves...

geoff carver
http://home.t-online.de/home/gcarver/