HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Mon, 15 Jan 2001 12:21:09 -0500
Elizabeth,

You should take a look at the Tellico Blockhouse site report.  Tellico was
an Indian Factory from 1796 until 1807.  The full reference is below.

Polhemus, Richard R.
        1977    Archaeological Investigation of the Tellico Blockhouse
Site.  University of Tennessee, Department of Anthropology, Report of
Investigation No. 26, and Tennesee Valley Authority Reports in
Anthropology, No. 16. Knoxville: University of Tennesee.

Also, I am currently writing up my dissertation on the Cicott Trading
Post (ca. 1816-1850), located on the Wabash River in west-central Indiana.
Cicott was one of the "troublesome" French Canadians Jefferson hoped the
Factory system would put out of business.

Contact me off list if you are interested in "jackknife posts" like
Cicott's.

Best,

Rob Mann
Department of Anthropology