HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Carl Steen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Carl Steen
Date:
Thu, 24 Jan 2002 13:55:02 -0500
Nicole -- the work you are thinking of may have been inspired by Stan South's "Contemporary Patterns of Matrial Culture or Hansel and Gretel in the Modern World: Following the Trail of Pull Tabs
to the "Pause that Refreshes." Coneference on Hist. Sites Arch. Paers, Vol. 12: 87-106 (1980) in which he hypothesizes an "end of the road" artifact pattern..

Carl Steen

1/24/2002 12:01:31 PM, [log in to unmask] wrote:

>You might check out some of the garbology (garbage archaeology) work from
>William Rathje.  Some of his students did a study of "road-end behaviors"
>a few years ago (don't know if this ever made it into a publication), exactly
>the activities you are interested in.
>
>Nicole Branton
>University of Arizona,
>Arapaho and Roosevelt National Forests