HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 11 Jul 2001 01:19:43 -0400
Bob,

Well, I have never done anything with this tale except tell it in bars and
around campfires. The 65 foreign submarine sightings were assumed to be
Japanese and none were sunk. I would expect they transmitted in code, rather
than German or Japanese. There were Japanese agents here in San Diego, as
have been documented in The Periodical (Council on America's Military Past)
by Japanese agents after the war. So, why not a German agent?

Not all German agents were captured, only German spies brought here to
pretend to be Americans. The moles of German descent were rarely captured. By
this, I mean people born in America who always had sympathies to Germany. In
fact, many Americans sympathized too.

I suppose I can not make the case with you, no matter what I say. So, I will
get back to my paper on ritual magic in America...a topic you probably will
also dismiss.

Ron