From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Aug 2001 23:15:11 -0400
Juozas Rimas writes:

>This is what surprised (and disappointed) me: not the fact that he
>may be listening to soft rock in his car but his implication that
>listening ONLY to classical music is od fashioned, not fashionable,
>one-sided, limited, narrow.

I totally agree with Juozas.  Musical preference is personal business
and it's ridiculous for one person to indicate that others would be better
off or behaving more appropriately if a wide range of music is listened
to.  Just as an individual might submit that the wide range shows diverse
interests and the narrow range reveals stubborness or a restrictive
pallete, another person can say that the wide range shows a lack of focus
and the narrow range a concentrated regimen.  Of course, it's all garbage.
Individuals need to listen to whatever turns them on - wide, narrow, or
whatever.  Any classical music lover who also listens to other types of
music primarily to be on the 'correct' side needs immediate therapy for
determining 'boundaries of control' at a minimum.  I only need therapy for
determining 'financial boundaries'.  Have you seen my creditors lately? If
so, don't say you know me; you will also become a suspected person.

Don Satz