From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Jun 2001 18:07:25 -0400
Alan Moss writes:

>Buying records is much easier than going to concerts - you don't even
>have to leave home - as well as much cheaper in terms of the listening
>time you can get from each purchase.  You don't have to venture out on
>a winter's evening and brave the traffic, the trahsport system, the crowds,
>the weather - you just put on a record.

It sounds like Alan must live in Barrow, Alaska and uses a sled for
transportation.  With Alan's premise, concert goers in Santa Barbara,
California are not as serious as those in Buffalo, New York.

It's likely that most folks attending concerts use their heated and air
conditioned vehicles for transportation, and have a fine evening devoid
of any significant sacrifice except for the monetary cost.  Personally,
I don't find that there's any greater sacrifice attending concerts than
buying records.  I have braved snow storms to get to a record store to
buy discs; that's no sacrifice either - just doing what I want to do.

Don Satz