Richard Pennycuick <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 23 Jan 2001 15:24:41 +1100
Ramon Khalona distinguished between the European and Australian Eloquence
series.  It appears that they are mutually exclusive and I read somewhere
that there's a German one as well (?)

Universal have been rather coy about providing information about the
Australian label, which covers mainly standard repertoire culled from the
backlists of DG, Philips, Decca (aka London) and ABC Classics.  I cut my
teeth on Karl Bohm's Mozart symphonies and couldn't resist some of those,
likewise Eduard van Beinum's Debussy La Mer, Nocturnes and Images.  There
is the odd rarity, such as Bloch's Voice in the Wilderness.

Interested listers can check out what appears to be a complete listing of
the label at:

   http://www.buywell.com/

which is the website of an on-line outlet based in Western Australia.
Assume the usual disclaimers.

Richard Pennycuick