HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Shannon Lee Dawdy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Dec 2000 09:19:35 -0500
By now all SHA members should have received their copies of the current
Historical Archaeology journal.  Please note that typesetting errors
resulted in an incorrect title to appear on the cover.

The correct title is simply "Creolization," reflecting the content of this
thematic issue which addresses a wide range of theoretical and regional
applications of the creolization concept.

A self-adhesive correction strip will be included in the mailing of the
next issue.  Ronn Michael et al. have taken steps to make sure this does
not occur again.

In the meantime, I warn members that I am no expert on Bahamian culture (in
fact, I've never been to the Bahamas -- perhaps SHA should pay my way as
compensation for the mistake??;), but I hope that you will take a look at
the volume and find the content of a more general and helpful nature.
Laurie Wilkie's article on Bahamian slave culture is, however, excellent.

-- Shannon Dawdy
guest editor of HA 34(3)

candidate
Doctoral Program in Anthropology and History
LSA 1054
University of Michigan
Ann Arbor, MI 48109  USA
ph: 734-481-0281