From:
Tom Connor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Jan 2001 14:55:20 -0500
My collection is missing Haydn string quartets and I've been listening to
a local radio station play a number of the Kodaly performances on Naxos.
Are these as good as they're sounding to me on a car radio? I'm curious
how list members feel about these Kodaly performances.

Who else for Haydn chamber music?

My collection of Haydn symphonies had been well served with Naxos
performances setting a baseline from which I can leisurely expand into
other performances.  Frankly, with many of these Naxos performances there
is no hurry.  These Haydn Kodaly performances are clearly enough to
convince me I've been missing some wonderful music too long, and the last
time I checked the exchange rate between Naxos and 'other mainstream'
labels was about 2.2.  Very persuasive.

Looking forward to your comments,

Tom Connor