From:
Andrys Basten <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Jan 2001 15:25:21 -0800
Denis Fodor wrote:

>As far as I'm concerned, Telemann and baroque in general are second nature
>to Goebel: This nature seems to assign prominence to the drive of the
>continuo, something Goebel's keyboard players are accustomed to deliver.

His continuo player (harpsichord, that is) was Henk Boumann for a long time
and to me he was the best ever, for sprinkling just the right note or a few
here and there to support the harmonies and rhythms without doing the
clunky thing you hear from so many.

If you can find any of their older recordings in which he appeared, they
would be prime.  AND a special one (though they do the swelling on long
tones, which WAS recommended in those days) is the CD titled "Parnassus"
which they put out with F. Couperin's La Sultane on it (!)

Just wonderful, for those who love good French Baroque.

Andrys in Berkeley
http://andrys.com/books.html#dvdexpr - Classical Music DVDs
http://andrys.com/coupons.html - Coupons, Sales