From:
Todd Michel McComb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Jan 2001 13:58:54 -0800
Don Satz writes:

>The U.S. does not prohibit foreign-based record companies from
>distributing their recordings here; those are company decisions
>and they often don't appear reasonable.

I agree they often do not appear reasonable, but they do also define
the state of affairs, and are a nuissance.  It sometimes seems as though
"the majors" go out of their way to release only their least interesting
recordings here.  Should we take it as an insult?  I don't know.  It's
economics, and it's certainly the case that the American market is among
the least sophisticated.

Todd McComb