From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Aug 2000 00:55:25 GMT
While looking through the cd covers on that website, what really struck me
is the great differences in taste among folks.  In many cases, I would have
reversed the order shown on the screens.

One list member indicated that cover appeal is not a reasonable criterion
to use in buying decisions.  And I have to agree.  But there sure have
been times when it was a criterion in my decision making, although never
standing alone.  If it was alone, I'd have almost every cd ECM has ever
issued.  I obviously allow my emotions to sometimes factor into the mix,
and I feel fine about it.  What's nice about shopping for music, either on
net or at the store, is that I just go with the flow I have at the moment;
it's very spontaneous.  That can lead to less than favorable results; I
sometimes receive discs many weeks after ordering them.  Every now and
then, I open the package and say to myself - "What did I want this for"?

Rock Steady as Always,

Don Satz