From:
Blane White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 07:32:05 -0600
Hi Dave,
As far as a state keeping an inspection service how else can those migratory outfits legally move?  We kept apiary inspection here in MN to provide the needed inspections so beekeepers can legally move their bees to other states.  We also do survey inspections and educate beekeepers on disease issues but here one of the most important reasons for keeping at least some bee inspection was to service the migratory beekeepers.  They ( some migratory beekeepers ) may not like to admit it but most states still require inspection before the bees are shipped in.  It seems to be working reasonably well here.

blane

Blane White
MN Dept of Agriculture