From:
Dave Cushman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Feb 2001 12:16:42 -0000
Hi all

I hope these comments from Rick Green are merely a poor choice of words and
that he is not suggesting an entire new worker caste that is a "retinue"
bee.

Allen's comment
> when it is observed, which often
> it is not -- is made up simply of bees that are nearby when the queen is
> working, and not bees that make a career of following and serving the
queen.

Is nearer the mark and I would add that the bees that do take part are
merely of the right age and in the right place at that particular time and
that any "right age" bee would do the same.

Regards From:- Dave Cushman, G8MZY