HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
William White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Jan 2001 06:51:21 -0800
Ms. Springate:

Its been some 30 years since I have lived at Lake Tahoe (ski-bum days), and
I don't remember the lake ever freezing, except in the most shallow of bays.
And yet, some of the turn-of-the-century mansions there did have small
icehouses so they must have been harvesting local ice, nothing industrial
though.  The railroad icehouse here in Las Vegas (once listed on the
National Register) was set on fire as an anti-preservation measure, nothing
reaches 50 years old here in Vegas except the people.  Sorry, not much help
here......