HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Iain Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Dec 2000 16:49:34 +1000
I (and I know Denis is supportive) have always thought that there should be
a special Gordon Childe award in archaeology to commemorate the essential
spirit behind that last trip to Blackheath. Historical Archaeology has its
John Cotter Award for distinguished service in historical archaeology,
Australian Archaeology has its Big Man Award for those who show unique
sensitivity to archaeological issues. The Gordon Childe award could cross
all aspects of archaeology and celebrate the spirit behind that trip to the
Grose Valley back in 1957.

Iain Stuart
Principal, Archaeology and Heritage Management
HLA-Envirosciences Pty. Ltd.