From:
Mark Shanks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Jan 1999 11:24:31 -0700
I wrote:

>>Segerstam on Chandos is the only recording that I know of where the
>>performance and recording live up to the potential of this work.

and Deryk Barker replied:

>Much as I love the Segerstam I think it is now overshadowed by the
>offical release of the Horenstein.

Since this is not (yet) available in the US, I will have to wait as
patiently as possible until it is released here.  As it is, it seems that
Chandos has pulled the individual recordings of Segerstam's Mahler, and
only the complete series is available, as is also the case with Kubelik's
cycle.  (Should this be in error, I'd appreciate a pointer to somewhere
where I could get the Segerstam recording of the Third!!)

Mark