From:
Bob Kasenchak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Mar 1999 09:50:37 -0800
Kevin Sutton wrote:

>I also very much like the Telemann sonatas for two flutes as recorded on
>Naxos.

Are these the "6 Canonic Sonatas"? I like them very much and have been
looking for a good recording.  I have them in a transcription for 2
trombones but I think they were written for flutes (?).  Anyway, they're
the sonatas where the two players have one piece of music, and the second
player starts to play when the first has reached the first or second
measure (depending on time signature), forcing each measure to work
contrapuntally with the ones preceeding and following it.  Amazing stuff,
turned me on to Telemann really.

Bob K.