From:
Matthew Roy Huston <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Mar 1999 20:12:34 -0600
Eric Kisch wrote:

>This morning NPR spent about 30 seconds on the death of Sir Yehudi Menuhin
>- a quick sentence long quote from Isaac Stern and then some excerpts of
>the 15 year Yehudi's recording of La Campanella.

In defense of NPR, they did dedicate an hour of Performance Today the day
he died to his life and music.  And that evening on All Things Considered
there was a 10-minute piece about him as well.

Back to Karl Haas, I am one of those who is highly critical of his show,
but I still listen to it after all these years.  Mr. Kisch is quite right
about how Dr.  Haas tries to garner a large audience for his show, not just
playing to the hardcore CM buffs.  For all his quirks he's a treasure.

-Matthew Huston