From:
John Wiser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Jun 2001 18:40:56 -0400
Peter Wisse wruites:

>Miguel Muelle wrote about the Holberg Suite.  I do not think there are
>many recordings of the piano version, it usually comes in the form of the
>arrangement for string orchestra[...] Eva Knardahl has, I think in the
>8[0]ies recorded the complete Grieg pianomusic, She is excellent.  Maybe
>that is the one you are looking for.

To limit the Holberg Suite piano discography to the last ten years will
bring up recordings by Ivan Davis [Audiofon], Cyprien Katsaris [Teldec],
somebody named Braaten [Victoria], and Einar Steen-Nokleberg [Naxos].
A CD reissue of Knardahl's workmanlike recording is on Bis CD-110, and a
reissue of Mourao's generally disesteemed Vox Box is out in a CD Vox Box.
From direct experience, I can assert that Davis is effective with being
particularly idiomatic, and Steen-Nokleberg's recording is one of a _very_
small handful of Naxos CDs I can recommended enthusiastically and without
reservation.

John Wiser