From:
Mats Norrman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 2001 13:50:46 +0100
Pinnock, Schirmer, Rosen, Gould....there are so many beautiful Bach players
in this work, and Mr.Satz will get more recordings to write about - at
least if the other major labels are not so stupid like DGG.  For there are
some very fine unpublished recordings of Goldberg, and other works, that
DGG was offered by some Bach society to buy up cheap and release, and what
do they do? They are surely not satisfied with this; they flood the market
with Sinopolis worthless operatic recordings - I heard he had got 80 (or
such an unrealistic sum of) contracts with DG.  And they sell out for
example Eroicas conducted by some scurvy Chinoise prophet-clown who tries
to prove Beethovens relevance for neo-confucianism, new releases of
Beethovens symphonies which have already been released on CD(!), and rave
that Brahms was the ultimate prodigal child and that motivates to trade his
symphonies (with Sinopoli I bet) for half a treasure each!  This must be
the end for Deutsche Grammophon Gesellschafft!  I don't want to sound as
rabiat-polemic as Nietzsche, but alas, lets be honest for once and tell the
truth of the day:  it is well-known in the classical society today that DGG
is run by senilitys - they have their reputation based on their longpast
vinyl releases solely.  But I do hope that DGG really 'zu Grunde geht'!
Naxos can buy up their historical recordings of value and sell to 1/4 -1/5
of DGG's prices.  Naxos at least know how to please their customers.  I
keep to them!  It somehow always feels better to trade with people who
behaves like people who keeps on the right side of the law.

And yes, I am a little tired of certain putrefactions in the etablishment,
and I just came from my food store where they sell the ghostconductors
a.k.a Alberto Lizzio and c/o that used to figurate on the ultracheap labels
on Cd's originally prized to 12 dollars each.  *Grrrr*

Mats Norrman