From:
Richard Pennycuick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Jan 2001 11:42:36 +1100
Jason Roberts didn't say whether he'd seen the Mozart series he's looking
for.  The one I'm thinking of is not listed in the Internet Movie Database,
usually a pretty reliable source, although not always for non-English
language material.

After consulting friends who also saw the series some time in the 80s, we
agree that:

Each episode opened with a shot of a horse-drawn coach at night, possibly
with snow.  The theme under the opening and closing credits was the
beginning of the slow movement of the Piano Concerto #23.  Each episode
ran 50 minutes (without commercials).  It was subtitled.

I *think* it was made by an Austrian television company.

I realise this doesn't answer Jason's question, but the details above
might jog someone's memory to identify it.

Richard Pennycuick