From:
Bob Kasenchak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Feb 1999 09:50:17 -0800
I'm having a problem.  I need to reconcile 2 conflicting reference
sources and I wonder if one of you might know something...  Johann
Christian Bach (the "London Bach") wrote a popular series of songs for
concerts in the Vauxhall pleasure garden in London between 1766 and 1780.
Now I have a recording I need to catalog, which has them as 15 in number,
in 4 collections plus 1 floating song.  Grove's dictionary, our standard
reference to which we try to conform, lists the Vauxhall songs as being
only 14 in number, with 3 collections of 4 songs plus 2 published
individually.  Anyone have any ideas about these Vauxhall songs? Thanks

Bob K.
Schwann