From:
Louisa Hennessy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Jan 1999 15:06:49 EST
Janos Gereben wrote:

>European audiences are about to get their musical socks knocked off.
>When the San Francisco Symphony tours there Jan. 20 - Feb. 9, from Dublin
>to Barcelona, there will be acclaim surpassing all previous visit.

Oh excellent news, thanks for this!

I am going to see them at the Barbican on Jan 21st playing Ives - Three
Places in New England, Mendelssohn VC (with Gil Shaham), and Prokofiev
Symphony no.5.  I haven't previously seen this orchestra, MTT or Gil
Shaham so I am greatly looking forward to it.  Also I have never heard the
Prokofiev Symphony no.5, should I familiarise myself with it before I go?

Louisa Hennessy
Essex, UK, Europe.