Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 22 Jul 2000 11:03:11 -0700
From:
Deryk Barker <[log in to unmask]>
Karl Miller ([log in to unmask]) wrote:

>Steve Schwartz wrote:
>
>>Eventually, there will come a point when my local symphony orchestra
>>plays the Ninth, and I won't think it worth my time to go.
>
>Our orchestra does the 9th almost once every three years...  needless to
>say I have not attended.

Well that's your right Kar, but isn't there a danger of snobbishness
here?  Isn't the Ninth (I'm assuming we're referring to Beethoven) a great
masterpiece? Isn't it reasonable that it should be part of the standard
repertoire? Isn't it reasonable that your orchestra's audience not be
denied the opportunity of hearing it in the flesh?

Deryk Barker